Sunday, April 10, 2011

YAWN

Laundry and bathing at Adams

Zernan taking a dip


friends

I keep yawning, and I know I should sleep, but I am too tired to get ready for bed!
We had a spiritual retreat this weekend in the mountain province of Adams.  It was so fun, being there with all our Filipino friends cooking and sleeping and worshipping, but now I am worn out!
We hiked to some great falls that had a 25-ft cliff, and so of course I had to jump since the others were.  The free fall was so long that I couldn't help but scream the whole way down and when I landed with a plunk in the water my legs and feet got all tired and tingly from the adrenaline rush.  But I'm glad I did it!
Later Cliff and I went on a walk and found pineapple shrubs and cacao trees and kept trying to get the ripe cacao fruits down until finally the owner came out and gave us some.
I didn't sleep well that night; for some reason I have never been able to sleep very well in something that's not my own bed. So I got up early and Zernan and I walked up to a lookout to see Adams from a new point of view.  It was nice, but Zernan walks fast!  And that's saying something, because I've got long legs.  I almost had to run to keep up with him!
I like these people, I like my friends here.  I can't believe it's only 3 weeks till I am home.  And those 3 weeks will be busy, and there won't be enough time.



But for now, it's time to rest.  Cause really, I think we all do too much sleeping but not quite enough resting.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's so soon! I feel like I just barely left. I can't wait to see you Rainey! And it sounds funny to say, and everyone does say it -- but it's true! -- love those friends and the good times you are having there, because you will seriously miss them when you get back.

    ReplyDelete